QJBC204 – Quart
GJBC200 – Gallon
High quality brushes are expensive, but with proper care and Jasco® Brush Cleaner, you can protect that investment and get great results. Jasco® Brush Cleaner cleans synthetic bristle brushes, artist brushes, roller covers, trays, and equipment after a project. It removes hardened latex and oil-based paint, enamel, varnish, shellac, lacquer, and polyurethane to leave tools looking good and working great. Not intended for sale or use in California.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Methylene Chloride, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, and Methanol and Toluene, which are known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Shake well and open can slowly to relieve pressure.
TO RECONDITION DRIED BRUSHES: 1. Suspend brush in a metal can and fill with Brush Cleaner until bristles are covered up to the metal base of the bristles. Soak brush for several hours, or overnight, until the paint is softened. Occasionally agitate brush to speed the softening process and keep the container covered with aluminum foil to retard evaporation. 2. Loosen residue with a brush comb or metal fork, starting at the base of the bristles. Agitate in fresh cleaner to loosen remaining residue and shake out excess cleaner. Wash brush thoroughly with warm soapy water, shake out excess water, and hang brush to dry.
TO CLEAN FRESH PAINT: For brushes and rollers with wet paint or coatings, agitate in Brush Cleaner immediately. Follow directions in #2 above.
IMPORTANT: Carefully read all cautions and directions before use. Do not use as a general purpose cleaner. Do not apply to floors or any other large surface areas because fire and health safety risks will increase dramatically. Wear chemical-resistant gloves and chemical splash goggles.
HELPFUL TIPS: Store brushes by wrapping in heavy paper to preserve original shape and hang with bristles pointing down or lay flat.
STORAGE: Do not use or store this product near any source of heat or open flame, furnace areas, pilot lights, stoves, etc. Keep it in a cool, dry place at temperatures below 120°.
DISPOSAL: If container is corroded, rusted or shows other signs of deterioration, dispose of product. Dispose of empty cans and leftover product at your local household hazardous waste collection facility. If one is not available, dispose of in accordance with federal, state and local regulations.
DANGER! EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE. KEEP AWAY FROM HEAT, SPARKS, FLAME AND ALL OTHER SOURCES OF IGNITION. VAPORS MAY CAUSE FLASH FIRE OR IGNITE EXPLOSIVELY. Extinguish all flames and pilot lights, and turn off all stoves, heaters, electric motors and all other sources of ignition during use and until all vapors are gone. USE ONLY WITH ADEQUATE VENTILATION TO PREVENT BUILDUP OF VAPORS. Do not use in areas where vapors can accumulate and concentrate such as basements, bathrooms and small, enclosed areas. Whenever possible use outdoors in an open air area. If using indoors open all windows and doors and maintain a cross ventilation of moving fresh air across the work area. If strong odor is noticed or you experience slight dizziness – STOP – ventilation is inadequate. Leave area immediately. IF THE WORK AREA IS NOT WELL VENTILATED, DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT. A dust mask does not provide protection against vapors.
DANGER!POISON. MAY BE FATAL OR CAUSE BLINDNESS IF SWALLOWED. VAPOR HARMFUL. EYE & SKIN IRRITANT. Contains Acetone, Methanol, Methylene Chloride, Toluene, and Xylene. Cannot be made non-poisonous. Methylene Chloride has been shown to cause cancer in laboratory animals. The risk to your health depends on the level and duration of exposure. Reports have associated repeated and prolonged overexposure to solvents with neurological and other physiological damage. Intentional misuse of this product by deliberately concentrating and inhaling vapors can be harmful or fatal. Avoid breathing of vapors or mist and contact with skin, eyes and clothing. Do not take internally. WARNING: Using this product will expose you to chemicals which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and reproductive harm.
FIRST AID - IF SWALLOWED, call your poison control center, hospital emergency room or physician immediately for instructions. IN CASE OF EYE CONTACT, immediately flush with water, remove any contact lens, continue flushing with water for at least 15 minutes, then get immediate medical attention. IN CASE OF SKIN CONTACT, irritation may result. Immediately wash with soap and water. If irritation persists, get medical attention.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
Not for sale or use in California.
How do I use Jasco® Brush Cleaner?
Pour the product in a metal container to cover suspended brush bristles. Cover the container while the brush is soaking. Soak brush for several hours, or overnight, until the paint is softened. Occasionally agitate brush to speed the softening process and keep the container covered with aluminum foil to retard evaporation.
How long do I leave the brush in Jasco® Brush Cleaner to remove the dried paint?
Overnight, then agitate the brush to remove softened paint.
Do I have to have ventilation to use this product?
Yes, there needs to be plenty of ventilation in the area this product is being used.
What is the shelf life of Jasco® Brush Cleaner?
Three years unopened and six months after opening.
The “Directions for Use” are included to help you better understand our product. However, they do not provide you with all of the information needed to use the product safely and effectively. Prior to using any of our products, you should always read the entire label including all cautions. A copy of the current label is linked to this webpage.