QJBS00212 – Quart


Helpful Tip

Do not use on rubber, asphalt, linoleum, tile, plastic, gel coat or other synthetic materials.  Always test on an inconspicuous area for compatibility before using.

Don’t brush over the stripper once it is applied. Brushing breaks the film and causes evaporation and drying. Keep the stripper wet even if more applications are necessary, until the BOTTOM coat of paint or finish is ready to be removed. Check for dry spots and reapply stripper to those areas.


OTHER Discontinued PRODUCTS

Spray-On Stripper (Discontinued)

A professional strength remover specially formulated for refinishing tasks and complete removal of coatings on flat, vertical and carved surfaces. Can be applied by brush, dip or spray. It penetrates into cracks, carvings, and wood grain to lift out paint coatings. It is excellent for soaking hinges, knobs, small wood items and metal parts. Can be used as an after wash to clean residue from stripping and leave a finished neutral surface. Spray-on will not raise wood grain and is harmless to wood, glass, metal, plaster and fine furniture if used properly.

 

1. Wear chemical-resistant gloves and chemical splash goggles. Shake can – pour stripper into a metal container & apply with a brush, or fill spray bottle.
2. Dab or spray on a liberal coat of stripper with as little brushing as possible. A film forms over the stripper to stop evaporation. Brushing breaks the film and causes evaporation and drying. Keep the stripper wet even if more applications are necessary, until the BOTTOM coat of paint or finish is ready to be removed. Check for dry spots and reapply stripper to those areas.
3. Give the stripper time to work. Many coats of old paint may require up to 30 minutes before removal. If stripping fiberglass, check every 5 minutes.
4. Using a plastic scraper, remove the paint and deposit in a waste container. Apply another coat of stripper to facilitate the final clean up.
5. Scrub the surface clean with a stripping pad & water.
6. To remove stain, leave the mixture of stripper & water on the wood. When removing brown stain, watermarks or weather stains, scrub the surface with water & wet a stripping pad. While the wood is wet, brush on a coat of white vinegar. To remove red stain, use full strength bleach instead of vinegar. After using the vinegar or bleach, wash surface clean with wet cloth. Use bleach or vinegar only when water washing.
7. If you like the color of the wood & do not wish to pull the stain, do not use water. Instead, wash the surface clean with paint thinner. Allow wood to dry overnight before sanding or refinishing.

HELPFUL TIPS: Read all warnings and instructions before opening. Do not use for stripping floors or any place where a flammable remover might be hazardous. This product is harmful to asphalt, plastic, rubber tile, linoleum and anodized aluminum. Do not mix with any other product. For best results, use in temperatures between 65°F and 85°F and away from strong breeze and hot sun. Protect surrounding areas with a heavy plastic drop cloth. Always test on an inconspicuous area for compatibility before using. Use over a small area because health and safety risks will increase dramatically when used over large areas. If applying to a vertical surface, begin at the bottom and work up because vapors can accumulate near the floor. If container is hot, cool before opening. Unscrew cap slowly so vapors can escape. Close container tightly after each use. CLEAN UP: Return unused stripper to the original container. The work area and tools can be cleaned up with soap and water. Wash arms and hands with cold water and soap.DISPOSAL: Take outdoors and allow liquid to evaporate and residue to dry. Then dispose of in metal container in accordance with federal, state and local regulations. STORAGE: Once opened, stripper should be used within 6 months or disposed of properly to avoid can deterioration. Store in a cool place. Exposure to high temperatures or prolonged exposure to sun may cause can to swell or leak.

DANGER! FLAMMABLE. KEEP AWAY FROM HEAT, SPARKS, FLAME AND ALL OTHER SOURCES OF IGNITION. VAPORS MAY CAUSE FLASH FIRE OR IGNITE EXPLOSIVELY. Extinguish all flames and pilot lights, and turn off all stoves, heaters, electric motors and all other sources of ignition during use and until all vapors are gone. USE ONLY WITH ADEQUATE VENTILATION TO PREVENT BUILDUP OF VAPORS. Do not use in areas where vapors can accumulate and concentrate such as basements, bathrooms and small, enclosed areas. Whenever possible use outdoors in an open air area. If using indoors open all windows and doors and maintain a cross ventilation of moving fresh air across the work area. If strong odor is noticed or you experience slight dizziness – STOP – ventilation is inadequate. Leave area immediately. IF THE WORK AREA IS NOT WELL VENTILATED, DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT. A dust mask does not provide protection against vapors.

DANGER!  POISON. MAY BE FATAL OR CAUSE BLINDNESS IF SWALLOWED. VAPOR HARMFUL. EYE & SKIN IRRITANT. Contains Acetone, Methanol, Methylene Chloride, and Toluene. Cannot be made non-poisonous. Methylene Chloride has been shown to cause cancer in certain laboratory animals. The risk to your health depends on the level and duration of exposure. Reports have associated repeated and prolonged overexposure to solvents with neurological and other physiological damage. Intentional misuse of this product by deliberately concentrating and inhaling vapors can be harmful or fatal. Avoid breathing of vapors or mist and contact with skin, eyes and clothing. Do not take internally.

WARNING: Using this product will expose you to chemicals which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and reproductive harm.

FIRST AID - IF SWALLOWED, call your poison-control center, hospital emergency room or physician immediately for instructions. IN CASE OF EYE CONTACT, immediately flush with water, remove any contact lens, continue flushing with water for at least 15 minutes, then get immediate medical attention. IN CASE OF SKIN CONTACT, irritation may result. Immediately wash with soap and water. If irritation persists, get medical attention.

KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN

MAX V.O.C. less than 50% by weight
 

The “Directions for Use” are included to help you better understand our product. However, they do not provide you with all of the information needed to use the product safely and effectively. Prior to using any of our products, you should always read the entire label including all cautions. A copy of the current label is linked to this webpage.